I can’t believe that today is actually the day. For so long May 19, seemed like forever away and just some far away date that was never going to actually arrive. My bags are packed and my heart is ready to see what God is going to do. I am very excited about this trip. I know that hearts are going to be changed and ultimately God will be praised. Here are my top 5 reasons why I am excited for BOLIVIA…
1. I am excited to love on the kids and show them God’s love! I absolutely adore kids. I like to make them laugh and smile. At the beginning of this process I was nervous because I speak very little Spanish, and I was scared about the barrier of communication that may arise. The Lord has totally calmed my fears. I have learned that in order to SHARE Gods love with these children, I will need to SHOW Gods love to them. My bags are filled with bubblegum, Smarties, Stickers, and bubbles! I am prepared to SHARE and SHOW Christ’s love, the greatest love of all, to the children of Bolivia.
2. I am beyond excited to spend time and get to know my team mates. I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about going on this trip for multiple reasons, however, one look at this team changed my mind completely. I am excited to get to know some of these men and women that are living their lives out for Christ. I can’t wait to see how God is going to unite us together and bring glory to Him and His name alone. I can only imagine the memories and fun times that are going to take place on this trip…
3. I am excited to see how God has already been at work in Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas. I have only been out of the country once, when I traveled to Nicaragua four years ago. (Not to mention that was my one and only plane experience as well, so needless to say I am nervous about that!) When I was in Nicaragua it was evident that God had already been at work prior to us coming, and I know that He has also been at work in Bolivia as well. Dana, our missionary contact is whom we will be working with while we are there. She has been hard at work these past years winning souls for Christ and proclaiming His name. I hope that on this trip we will be an encouragement to her and help her push on and continue the race for Christ!
4. I am looking forward to experiencing a new culture! I am not much of a travel guru. This will be the farthest away from home that I have gone. I am so excited to see a new culture and a different way of living. I remembering being overwhelmed by the humility of the people in Nicaragua and the attitudes of the people we met while we were there. It is a great opportunity for me to travel and I can’t wait to see a different take on life and its everyday tasks that it holds. I am excited to not only observe a different take on life, but to experience it too!
5. Ultimately, what I am most excited for is….to see how God is going to work and what He is going to do. I have tried to imagine what is going to happen on this trip, and I am quickly reminded about the verse in Ephesians that says,
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20
God is going to be at work in and around us, and has already been at work in Bolivia. I am excited because I am a tool that is being used by God, and I have the privilege in knowing and serving this great God.
Well, we are heading for the airport in less than 8 hours! Please be in prayer for not just my team, but Gods team as we go and love, encourage, and show Gods love to the people of Bolivia!